Saturday, March 31, 2007

Debunker Flipflop

In 2004 I predicted a precipitous plunge in prices as the real estate market suffered a major meltdown. The dramatic drop in volume caused many loan officers to extend loans to previously undesirable borrowers.

Now we have a subprime market meltdown, which should come as no surprise to those who use unconventional information gathering techniques. This data was buried deep inside the cluster.

The reaction to my 2004 prediction was that I was a doomsday prophet. Well, now comes the debunker flipflop where my detractors claim that the current real estate market meltdown is a "healthy correction" and that it was obvious.

Let me see. OBVIOUS to who?

The prices are still crashing. Banks are failing. The economy is in a tailspin. Not sure what the debunkers mean.

0 comments: