Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Funny accents


Yesterday I saw a lady from russia. She was blonde and had blue eyes, but she looked russian so I ask her - are you from russia? She said - yes...

I could tell from her funny accent she was not from here. However, even before she opens her mouth it was obvious she was a foreigner. This leads me to think that if people from computer controlled world of the future were to come here and visit us. I mean if they were to time travel here, they would be seen as outsiders. OK she wore the standard blue-jean and a T-shirt, but I could still tell she was from another place.

Also, people from the future would probably have a funny accent and odd mannerisms that would label them as strange. It would be interesting to see what they would do to blend in.

How would you interact with people from the fifties if you went back to 1959? Would you memorize 50's slang words?

0 comments: