Friday, August 19, 2005

Steven Gibbs HDR and Laser

Getting my inspiration from John Titor I tried using a laser with the HDR to see if the strong magnetic field of the HDR could bend the laser light beam.

It appears that a laser cannot affect HDR, and vice versa an HDR cannot affect a laser beam. I have not tried the laser near a magnet yet, but I will soon. As the experiments with Steven Gibbs HDR continue, we will post our results.

The laser used was a common low power keychain laser bought at Best Buy for $19.95. This laser emits a solid red beam that is visible a mile away. No bending of the beam was seen when the laser was activated near an HDR.

In another experiment I tried using the laser near a compass and the compass moved when I turned the laser on. It appears that the laser generates a small magnetic field.

0 comments: