Friday, April 27, 2007

Toyota number one


GM is number two and Toyota is number one. Back in 2001 I predicted that oil prices would soar and that gasoline would become very expensive, I said that as a consequence GM with its big SUVs would fall and Toyota would be number one by 2008.

The debunkers laughed at my predictions of high gas prices, they laughed at how I said that the US auto industry was doomed due to big dinosaur sized cars. They called me doomass. Well, now the debunkers claim that GM being number two was obvious.

Obvious to who? To the execs at GM, to the politicians in DC? Certainly not to the debunkers that made fun of my predictions.

I went further and said that new technologies like hybrids cars similar to the now popular Toyota Prius would rocket the Japanese to the top. The results speak for themselves.

As late as January 2007 when gasoline was selling at $2/gal - look at the picture - the debunkers were saying that PEAK OIL was a hoax. That I was wrong, there was lots of oil. That oil was going down in price and it would soon be sold at a dollar a gallon.

Back then in Jan 2007 I predicted that come July 2007 gasoline prices would rise to over $3/gal. The debunkers laughed at me. We will see who is right on July 4, 2007.

0 comments: