Friday, April 13, 2007

How to save on fuel costs

The tiny three cylinder Geo Metro was supposed to get about 50 miles per gallon, but I bought one and got only 20 mpg. Seem somebody somewhere was doing a bit of X-aggeratin'!

Even on highway I got nowhere near 50 mpg. This led me to think of other ways to save on fuel. I bought a scooter with one cylinder that is supposed to get 100 mpg, but actual mpg was rumored to be about 35mpg. After testing my scooter I am getting abou 150 mpg city!

Yes the scotter goes real slow - only 35 - 40 mph on level ground and 20 mpg up hills, with 60 mph down the hill, but this is real performance.

When thinking of future transportation many wonder about teleporters of science fiction, but I see the scooter as the mode of transportation of the future.

0 comments: